On this pageBooks about the Sanderling
The books in the main section are listed in order of publication date with the most recent at the top.
Other wader pages
Wider ranging books about waders are listed on:
Books about waders
Arrival and Weight Gain of Red Knot Calidris Canutus, Ruddy Turnstone Arenaria Interpres and Sanderling Calidris Alba Staging in Delaware Bay in Spring
R.A. Robinson, P.W. Atkinson, and N.A. Clark
BTO Report 307
British Trust For Ornithology
A 50 page report which analyses patterns of weight gain in three species of shorebirds over a six year period between 1997 and 2002. Birds were caught in May of each year on both the Delaware and New Jersey sides of the Bay using cannon nets.
Geographical Variation in Waders
Kluwer Academic Publishers
"The migratory habits and migration schedules of waders can better be understood by analyzing their measurements. Therefore, a clear characterization of breeding populations and the proper statistical tools is needed. In this text the morphometrical variation of the following species was studied with multivariate statistics: Ringed Plover, Semipalmated Plover, Eurasian Golden Plover, Grey Plover, Red Knot, Sanderling, Curlew Sandpiper, Purple Sandpiper, Dunlin, Black-tailed Godwit, Bar-tailed Godwit, Whimbrel, Eurasian Curlew, Redshank and Ruddy Turnstone. The taxonomy of most species was revised. The Black-tailed Godwit was split into two species. The same was done with the Whimbrel. Four new subspecies were described in, respectively, the Grey Plover (Wrangel Island), the Purple Sandpiper (Hudson Bay) and the Bar-tailed Godwit (Taymyr, Anadyr). The characteristics of the various subspecies and/or populations were quantified. Outside the breeding areas these characteristics can be helpful in producing estimates of the population composition of migrating and wintering populations throughout the world."
|Buy from amazon.co.uk|
The Living Bird
The Laboratory of Ornithology
Illustrations by: Robert Gillmor, R A Richardson, Albert Earl Gilbert, Keith Shackleton, Tony Angell, J H Czech, George Miksch Sutton, John Henry Dick, Paul Barruel, F Haverschmidt, John Crosby, and William Zimmerman
- A Study Of Nesting Torrent Ducks In The Andes - George M Moffett, Jr
- Displays Of Four Species Of Blue-Winged Ducks - Frank McKinney
- The Shoulder-Spot Display Of Grouse - H G Lumsden
- Orientation In Gulls: Effect Of Distance, Direction Of Release And Wind - William E Southern
- Breeding Behavior Of The Sanderling In The Canadian High Arctic - David F Parmelee
- The Scarlet Ibis in Surinam and Trinidad - Richard P ffrench and F Haverschmidt
- Breeding Behavior Of The Rock Ptamigan - S D MacDonald
- The Eastern Bluebird: Its Breeding Season, Clutch Size And Nesting Success - David B Peakall
- A Photographic Study Of The Potoo In Colombia - Jose Ignacio Borrero H.
- Life history of the Common Potoo - Alexander F Skutch
|Buy from amazon.co.uk|